Sunday, November 12, 2006

Reincarnation


This is an excerpt from one of my many drunken intellectual talks with my best friend Steve, which for the longest time I wanted to put into writing due the fact that I always have a nasty habit of coming up with a descent idea and shuffle it into an oblivion the next hangover day. Despites the chaotic work schedule and relentless partying, yes I do read and analyze the world surrounding me, especially when that reality has been induced by massive amount of alcohol. You all will be in for a treat, the last time when I was drunk and high up the heaven I wrote a hypothesis on why are we alone in the universe which is quite thought provoking. Now I shall venture on the very idea of reincarnation and I can explain to you in simplistic term without all religious overtones. To me I treat religion like substance consumption only in moderation, too much of anything that affect the mind will always result in psychotic episode including beliefs. All of my wonders about the religious interest in the implication of reincarnation came to me in clarity with an article I read a while back and the physic theory of Uncertain Principle. For the people who are not familiar with the theory here is a quick rundown.

In quantum physics, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle or the Heisenberg indeterminacy principle the latter name given to it by Niels Bohr states that one cannot measure values (with arbitrary precision) of certain conjugate quantities, which are pairs of observables of a single elementary particle. These pairs include the position and momentum.

The basis of the Uncertainty Principle is that one compares the frequency of a wave with the beats of a standard clock. In essence, this is the same as to allow the two frequencies to interfere with each other. How would one know if the two frequencies are or are not exactly, precisely the same, if one did not have an infinite amount of time to measure this and be certain?

Basically in English this theory is the construct of all randomness in the universe which with higher scope of perception, pattern does emerge through the passage of time. Anyhow let's get back to the article I was referring to earlier it's involve a collaboration with a geneticist and a statistician a few months back, if you guys want to read the full article here it is Wired News: Human Family Tree: Shallow Roots .

So what do supercomputing, the laws of physic and human family tree have in common? Well all points lead into one conclusion that at any given point in time of the universe, the past, present, or future there will be a repeat process and so to the permutation of life. And if you repeat the process thru thousand and billion times over, the impression of the past shall emerge in the form of inherited pattern. So many might question my motive as far as am I a supporter of the reincarnation in many eastern religious beliefs? Sorry that particular flavor of metaphor does not sway me one bit due to this particular flaw. How could any individual be that very person when all of his genetic makeup and life experience altered in such a way that he does not have any similarity with oneself in the past. And in this particular postulate, religion fails miserably to come up with a sounding argument. Also the element of the so call soul, the very concept is still as abstract hypothesis more than a String Theory so gives me a break! However if you willing to look beyond the mundane distraction of religion and embrace the simplicity of science. The term of reincarnation in the scientific point view is far more simple and elegant. "For all the permutation of life, there will be an individual in one point in time with the exact resemblance came into an existence with his or her own unique experience". So I'll et you all ponder which flavor of perception would suit you best.







Digg!

No comments: